Mikayla (Duh!)

Mikayla (Duh!)
Mikayla (Duh!)

Monday, June 27, 2011

We make decisions!

So I'm the type that likes to think ahead. I like to have a game plan. So I googled some controversial topics. The one in which I am going to speak about now wasn't on the list.  These are some of the topics which influenced me to write this blog.

  • Gay Parents
  • Giving out Condoms at School
  • Violence in the Media/Video Game Violence
  • Sex education
The way I took all of this is that they think that this stuff can have a bad influence on kids. I'm going to discuss each one of them. But to just put it out there, I don't think that the things listed above are something we should worry about. If the parent steps up and teaches the child what is right from wrong. It should be okay.

Gay Parents-- If anything I think that a child can learn how to be open minded and how to love. Because let's face it, there's no love stronger than gay love. Being gay is not a disease. A kid will not become gay by being around gay people.

Giving out Condoms at School-- If a child is NOT having sex, having a condom is NOT going to just magically make that kid want to have sex. It will just simply protect those who are having sex.

Violence in the Media/ Video Game Violence-- If the parent allows the child to play violent video games or watch violent movies, it is responsible for the parent to teach their child that, violence is NOT acceptable. Children are going to see violence regardless. It's not a video game's fault if your child grows up to be the next Michael Myers.

Sex Ed-- I'm not even going to write a lot about this. Children need this. Especially if their not comfortable talking to their parents or a trusted adult with reliable information.

     In my opinion, we cannot hold the media, schools, or violence in video games for how are kids are raised. What they see in the media, or schools, or video games; they will see for the rest of their life.

No comments:

Post a Comment