Mikayla (Duh!)

Mikayla (Duh!)
Mikayla (Duh!)

Monday, June 27, 2011

Ignorance tolerated.

Hey. I have so many new ideas for blogs & a lot of stuff I want to talk about. But I don't always have the  time to look for pictures or to sit and write a post. (I haven't even been checking my twitter!) But i want to comment on a story I just seen browsing through the news' website. Here is the link if you want to read it. (If not, I'll give a little summary) But if you are visiting the link, be sure to read the comments.

http://aol.sportingnews.com/soccer/story/2011-06-27/sorry-mexico-great-win-but-fans-were-embarrassment?icid=maing-grid7%7Cmain5%7Cdl4%7Csec1_lnk3%7C73660

Now you know I have a lot to say. But first let me just comment on the way they acted. "Booing" during our national anthem is so disrespectful to me. I know they wanted to red Mexico and everything but that was so inappropriate. It's one thing to boo because the other team has the ball or something but at the national anthem. (When I say "they", I'm talking about the people who acted inappropriately) I mean if your living in America. You need to respect us. People complain about having directions or something in a different language. But I'm not one of those. While English is the language of America, I realize that America is the "melting pot" and everyone is welcome here. I'm not the one to judge.

The part that got me really upset, the part that made me post this blog, was the comments.  I don't know why we always feel that we have to comment on something and judge. Especially when he judge biased. I'm tired of fighting racism in 2011. I mean we all have something in us that's biased, whether it's against a race, religion, or gender. But sometimes it's just best if we keep our mouths closed and our comments to ourselves. Everyone has experienced discrimination in some way, if we don't like being discriminated against, why do we do it to others?

I mean, come on people, think.

No comments:

Post a Comment